At Door 6 we believe in giving back!
“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”
– Franklin D. Roosevelt
“One of the most life changing experiences of my life, was when I had the opportunity to visit some of the poorest areas of the Uganda, just as the country was starting to recover from it’s 30 year war with the LRA.
While I was there, I volunteered in schools and hospitals in some of the poorest areas of the Capital Kampala and then travelled through still active fighting zones to a community in Arua, on the Congo and South Sudanese borders.
To say that I took a piece of Uganda home with me, is an understatement. The truth is that I left some of my heart in Uganda.” Director – Lisa Schroder
Some of the project that we support includes:
- Education of primary and secondary students in Uganda
- Training of HIV widows in basic craft and skills in which they can use to provide and income for their families.
- Sponsoring volunteer nursing staff who care for patients in the Kampala main hospital.
- Supporting rural and local free medical clinics.
- Supporting the first AIDs hospics in Kampala.
We also support local charities, which specialise in
- Training youth “at risk” of homelessness in trade skills, giving them the opportunity for employment.
- Working with young children who come from traumatic or troubled backgrounds and find learning and the school environment challenging.
- Men’s rehabilitation program for the treatment of substance abuse, depression and other life altering conditions.
- Crisis care for those in need of immediate assistance and guidance.
At Door 6, a percentage of every invoice that we send out is given to local and Over sea’s charity’s. If you would like to find out more about what we do then we would love to hear from you.hear from you.